Friday 27 June 2014

The Selection Series Keira Cass

 read this series, just over a month ago, and it defiantly had me hooked and wanting to read more most of the time. I would probably describe it as the Hunger Games cross with Cinderella. So a small synopsis without giving much away, I’ll tell you later on when there will be spoilers. But for now you are safe.
So this is a story of a girl called America Singer, who essentially lives in a world ever simpler to the hunger games. There was a war that broke out in America and now there is a kingdom named Illéa ruled by a hierarchy of a King, Queen and there son Prince Maxon. This kingdom societies is divided into castes similar to the hunger games districts but in the Selection series, each caste 1 through to 17 (i think) is your job. So 16 are servant, which is what Aspen is (America’s secret boyfriend). America is in caste 15 and they are artist and musicians and yes she can sing, ironic much.
Okay so the plot is that when the prince turns 16, there is a competition where 35 girls are brought into the palace and they all fight for his hand in marriage, so there are plenty of cat fights. Now America doesn’t what to put her name in but her mother (who is sort of like Mrs Bennet from pride and prejudiced) bribes her into putting her name down, and of course she was selected. America enters the competition not wanting the crown.
I thought over all that the series was very draw out and very predictable, I felt like whenever someone or something was introduced I knew what was going to happen, and I was almost always right.  I am going to give it at 3.5 stars out of 5. It was well written I just don’t think it reach its full potential. Kiera Cass made the series so that series was just the selection and as soon as it was over it ended and I thought she could have extended many issues that she brought up within the series. The ending always happened really quickly, and was rushed. 
But over all I thought it was okay but could have been much better if it had been better planned. So let me know if you have read the books and your opinion of them in the comments. 
Sorry, I haven’t really edited this much, so its probably not brilliant with heaps of grammar and spelling error but I wanted to but it up before I got to Sydney! Which I am so excited about! 
Next week I am going to review probably ‘If I stay’ by Gayle Foreman, which is should be good.
So I will see you all soon
Love ya’s
Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment